What is it?
A Nursing Home Injury is any type of physical, psychological, cognitive, or financial harm suffered by a nursing home resident. Under both Federal and Florida State Law, nursing home residents are entitled to a minimum standard of care. If this standard is not met, the nursing facility or personnel can be held liable.
This neglect can result in various forms of injury or even death. Some common complaints associated with neglect include:
- Bed Sores
What causes it?
Nursing home injuries can be a result of nursing home malpractice, whether it is due to intentional neglect, carelessness, or abuse by nursing home personnel. Examples of malpractice include:
- Medication errors
- Inappropriate restraint (physical or chemical)
- Improper monitoring
- Inadequate staffing or training
- Unhygienic living conditions
- Physical/mental abuse
- Financial exploitation
At Jacobs & Goodman:
- You always get an attorney, never a case manager like at other firms.
- We take a personal interest in your case, and help you through every aspect, including helping you deal with medical leins and debts.
- We work on a contingency basis, which means if we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
If you think you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice due to delayed treatment or failure to diagnose, contact us to schedule a free consultation.