What is it?
Hospitals are responsible to their patients to provide a certain standard of care, and have clear guidelines for their staff to follow. If they do not meet that standard of care and injury or harm results, they can be considered negligent.
Emergency Rooms present a specific set of concerns with regard to proper diagnosis and treatment. Some common errors in the emergency room include:
- Premature discharge
- Failure to diagnose / misdiagnosis
- Failure to properly triage / delayed diagnosis
- Failure to perform appropriate tests or misinterpretation of tests
- Medication or prescription errors
- Birth injuries
- Patient dumping
What causes it?
Hospital negligence and emergency room error can have many causes including:
- Improper or insufficient training
- Disregard of guidelines
- High patient volume
- Staff exhaustion
- Ill-equipped facilities
At Jacobs & Goodman:
- You always get an attorney, never a case manager like at other firms.
- We take a personal interest in your case, and help you through every aspect, including helping you deal with medical leins and debts.
- We work on a contingency basis, which means if we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
If you think you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice due to delayed treatment or failure to diagnose, contact us to schedule a free consultation.