toll free: 1-800-522-6276
local: (407) 788-2949
fax: (407) 788-1378
- University of Georgia, 1973, BA
- Stetson College of Law, 1976, JD
- College of Advocacy at Hastings College of Law/University of California, 1979
- University of Alabama in Birmingham, Special Studies Program, 1981
- Trial Practice Institute of National College for Criminal Defense, Houston, Texas, 1981
- Florida Bar, 1976
- Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States, 1979
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers in 1987
- Seminole County Bar Association Board of Directors, 1991
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee for the 18th Judicial Circuit, 1994-97
- Board of Directors of Central Florida Legal Services, 1996-1997
- Seminole County Civil Trial Lawyers Association, 1997
- Board of Directors of the Central Florida Trial Attorneys Association, 1998
- Executive Committee of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, 2006
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the American Association for Justice
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association President 2013
- Super Lawyer 2011, 2012, 2013
- Legal Elite 2011 and 2012
- Invitation to join “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by The National Trial Lawyers
- Invitation to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- November 3, 2011: Participated with four citizens in a roundtable discussion with Governor Scott, Florida CFO Atwater, and Florida Consumer Advocate Westcott concerning auto insurance fraud.
- Recognized as a “Legal Elite” attorney in Insurance Law by Florida Trend magazine, one of only seven consumer-representing attorneys out of 18,000 to receive this distinction.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell: Martindale-Hubbell states their AV Peer Review rating “identifies a lawyer with very high to preeminent legal ability and is a reflection of the lawyer’s expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence.”
- Florida Super Lawyers recognition in 2010. Voted by attorneys in Florida for recognition as a “Super Lawyer” in Plaintiff Personal Injury Law and Insurance Coverage Law. Less than 5% of Florida attorneys are chosen based upon voting by Florida attorneys for recognition in Florida Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Florida Trend magazine “Legal Elite” recognition in 2010 Voted by attorneys in Florida for recognition as a “Legal Elite” attorney in Civil Trial Law.
- Florida Trend magazine “Legal Elite” recognition in 2009 Voted by peers in Florida as a member of the “Legal Elite” attorneys in Civil Trial Law. One of only 127 attorneys throughout Florida’s almost 63,000 attorneys who received this recognition.
- Litigation Counsel of America Fellow 2009: The Litigation Counsel of America is the trial bar honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of attorneys in the United States. Membership is by invitation only from existing Fellows and through a vetting process by the Litigation Counsel of America. Fellows are selected based upon effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation.
- Florida Trend magazine “Legal Elite” recognition in 2008 Voted by peers in Florida as a member of the “Legal Elite” attorneys in Insurance Law. Over 18,000 attorneys throughout Florida participated in the voting. Only one of only seven Florida attorneys representing consumers to receive this recognition, and the only one in the Orlando area to receive this recognition.
- “Best of the Bar” recognition: Voted by peers as “Best of the Bar” in Insurance Law (the only plaintiff’s attorney to receive the recognition in Insurance Law), Orlando Business Journal, November, 2005
- Voted by peers as “Best of the Bar” in Personal Injury and Insurance Law (the only plaintiff’s attorney to receive the recognition in Insurance Law), Orlando Business Journal, November, 2006
- Voted by peers as “Best of the Bar” in Personal Injury and Insurance Law, Orlando Business Journal, November, 2007
- Voted by peers as “Best of the Bar” in Personal Injury and Insurance Law, Orlando Business Journal, November, 2008
- Voted by peers as “Best of the Bar” in Personal Injury and Insurance Law, Orlando Business Journal, November, 2009
- Voted by peers as “Best of the Bar” in Personal Injury and Insurance Law, Orlando Business Journal, November, 2010
- Madison’s Who’s Who of Professionals
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who Honors member
- Cambridge Professionals Who’s Who
- A recognized expert in the field of “no-fault” insurance law, Glenn has been practicing personal injury law for more than 20 years with Jacobs & Goodman. He began his career as a public defender in Seminole and Orange Counties, eventually becoming a Felony Division Chief. In the mid-1980′s, Glenn’s practice shifted full time to pursuing claims for injured victims against insurance companies and big business. Along with Harry Jacobs, Glenn was counsel of record in large medical malpractice cases in the late 1980′s. It was during this time that he first became active in representing claims against motor vehicle insurance companies for Personal Injury Protection (PIP), or “no-fault” benefits. Since 2001, Glenn has appeared before numerous committees of the Florida legislature testifying on behalf of consumers, and has helped draft proposed legislation that has saved consumers millions of dollars as well as granting them greater protections. He is frequently retained by other attorneys as co-counsel in complex or difficult litigation involving “no-fault” insurance disputes, and lectures and writes widely on the subject. An active community member, Glenn has also been a member of the Board of Trustees of the City of Orlando’s Harry P. Leu Gardens and has served on the Orlando Museum of Art Acquisition Trust Board.
- Invited Member of the State of Florida Consumer Advocate “Working Group” on motor vehicle insurance reform issues. The only member who is a practicing attorney representing Florida consumers and motor vehicle accident victims on the panel on September 15, 2011, at the Capitol, in Tallahassee. Other members included a delegate from the Florida Medical Association, from the Florida Osteopathic Association, and from the Florida Chiropractic Association, and delegates from every major insurance company and from the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. Glenn represented the interests of motor vehicle accident victims that are contrary to the positions taken by the delegates from the insurance industry.
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers 2003 Annual Convention: “2003 Legislative Changes & Update in Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law”
- Moderator/presenter at The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers seminar: “Current Challenges in Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law,” 3/25/04 in Tampa and 3/26/04 in Ft. Lauderdale
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers 2004 Annual Convention: “2004 Legislative & Insurance Case Law Update Seminar,” June, 2004
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers 2005 Annual Convention: “2005 Insurance and Case Law Update”
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, “2005 Collateral Sources Seminar,” January 14, 2005
- “2003 Legislative Changes to the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law,” Florida Chiropractic Assn, Annual Convention, August 2003
- Current Issues in Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law, Florida Chiropractic Assn. Annual Convention, August, 2004
- Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law, Florida Chiropractic Assn., Annual Convention, August, 2005
- Moderator, AFTL Workhorse Seminar, February 2006
- Chairman, “The Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law Wars-2006,” AFTL No-Fault Seminar May, 2006
- Moderator/Presenter AFTL annual convention 2006, “Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law caselaw and Legislative Update”
- Co-Chairman, AFTL Auto Negligence Seminar, July 2006
- “Steps in Minimizing the Impact of the Insurance Medical Examiner Expert Testimony on the Issue of Permanency,” 2/23/07, Florida Justice Association 2007 Workhorse Seminar
- Presenter, “The Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law Sunset-What Next?” 8/16/2007, Florida Chiropractic Assn. National Convention
- Moderator/Presenter, “2007 No-Fault Legislation Analysis,” Florida Justice Association, 10/10/07 Jacksonville, 10/11/07 Orlando
- Speaker, International Whiplash Trauma Conference, “The Status of the No-Fault System in Florida and the Impact on Healthcare and Legal Systems,” October 26-27, Miami Beach, Florida
- Speaker, Seminole County Inns of Court, “Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Insurance Law – Today and in the Future,” January 23, 2008
- Speaker, “Update on Collateral Source Set-Off in Motor Vehicle Cases,” 2008 Collateral Sources Seminar, Florida Justice Association, March 13, 2008.
- Speaker, “New Issues Related To Motor Vehicle Medical Payments Coverage,” Florida Justice Association Motor Vehicle Law Seminar, October 21, 2009
- Speaker, “Dealing With the Insurance Medical Examiner Physician in Low Impact Motor Vehicle Accident Cases,” Florida Justice Association Workhorse Seminar, February 19, 2010.
- Speaker, “Medical Payments Coverage and Subrogation Issues,” Central Florida Trial Lawyers seminar, September 8, 2010.
- Moderator/Panel Member, “The 2012 New PIP Law Changes,” Florida Justice Association Workhorse Seminar, March 23, 2012.
- Florida Justice Association Journal, January/February, 2013, “PIP Misinterpreted”
- Florida Justice Association Journal, May 2012, “Auto Insurance – Highlights of the 2012 No-Fault Law Changes”
Florida Legislative Appearances
- Spoke before House Health & Human Services Healthcare Access Committee on proposed changes to Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law, April, 2011
- Spoke before Senate Banking & Insurance Committee on proposed changes to Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law, April, 2011
- Spoke before House Banking & Insurance Committee on proposed changes to Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law, March, 2011